Vivid Sydney Road Closure Notice
24 May - 15 June, lights on from 6pm - 11pm nightly.
ROAD CLOSURE MAP
Please click here for the Road Closures flyer and Road Closures and Special Event Clearways Map for Vivid Sydney 2019.
There have been minor changes to the map from 2018 and we strongly encourage you to familiarise yourself with impacts to your area. Key points to note:
• MOST special event clearways begin at 3pm daily. Ensure you check the signs before parking as they may vary throughout the city.
• MOST road closures begin at:
o 7pm - Monday through to Thursday
o 6pm - Fridays
o 5pm - Saturdays, Sundays and Monday, June 10
access to the RACA Garage will not be avaliable on the following dates due to concrete barriers in place:
- Friday nights from 6pm
- Weekend and Public Holidays from 5pm
While VIVID Sydney can manage access down Macquarie Street (except Sat 25 May, Sat 8 and Sun 9 June), they are unable to provide the same access to our garage due to the concrete barriers put in place for pedestrian safety.
The NSW Police support the road closures, with an emphasis on public safety. Any vehicle breaching road closures will be treated as a hostile vehicle and will be dealty with accordingly.
We acknowledge that road closures may impact trips home on business as usual transport routes. Below are some key bullet points:
• Buses stopping at Circular Quay will instead operate out of Martin Place on Friday - Sunday nights of the event period (24 May - 15 June).
• Trains will not stop at Circular Quay Station between the hours of 6.30pm - 9.30pm on Saturday nights, and Sunday, June 9.
• Ferries are often at capacity during the Vivid Sydney period and encourage people to leave a little earlier to reach their service.
TAXI RANK LOCATIONS DURING VIVID
• Macquarie St between Albert St and the Sydney Opera House (existing)
Open every night during Vivid except Saturday, May 25, June 8 and Sunday, June 9. During those closures, the taxi rank will be relocated to Macquarie St northbound between Bridge Street and Shakespeare Place.
• Argyle St between Lower Fort St and Harrington St (existing)
CLOSED for all nights of Vivid Sydney. An event specific taxi rank will be located on Harrington Street between Grosvenor Street and Essex Street - eastern side on Friday - Sunday nights.
• *EVENT SPECIFIC* Bridge St eastbound between Pitt St & Loftus St – northern side
This will be operational on Fridays, Sunday 26 May, Sunday 2 June and Monday, 10 June.
• *EVENT SPECIFIC* Loftus St northbound between Bent St and Bridge St – western side (event specific)
This will be operational on Saturday 1 and 15 June.
OTHER MAPS AND GUIDES
Maps and guides will be located at the information booths on the Light Walk and can also be found on the website, vividsydney.com/guides. Please click here for the Light Walk Map with numbered installations to enable you to locate the installations closest to you.