- 28 February 2019
- Simone Keir
In last month’s newsletter I gave you some dates for our 2019 events.
One of them is our trip to Tasmania, now scheduled to commence on Sunday 27 October over a welcome dinner in Hobart, and to finish on Sunday 3 November in Launceston. Those attending will book their flights into Hobart and from Launceston at times that suit their personal schedules. However I do anticipate attendees will likely fly into Hobart on the Saturday (or before) and enjoy some free time before the tour welcome dinner.
We’re still in planning stage, but I can share with you the following:
- We will organise the accommodation in Swansea/Bicheno, and can organise Hobart and Launceston accommodation if you wish. However for Hobart and Launceston, attendees may prefer to do their own thing. The Tasmanian Club in Hobart and the Launceston Club are reciprocal clubs with accommodation.
- We plan to hire a bus with driver to get us around.
- Draft itinerary goes something like this:
- Sunday 27 October – Welcome Dinner
- Monday 28 October – Bruny Island
- Tuesday 29 October – South of Hobart including Cygnet and Home Hill winery
- Wednesday 30 October – North of Hobart including Richmond and Frogmore Creek winery
- Thursday 31 October – Great Eastern Drive including Wineglass Bay, Freycinet and/or Craigow wineries, and oyster tasting
- Friday 1 November – Tamar Valley Wine Route
- Saturday 2 November – Launceston, tutored wine tasting in The Pinot Shop – selected wines will not include those already tasted, Farewell Dinner
- Sunday 3 November – free time or return home
If you think you’d like to join us or simply require some further information, please ring me on 0411 103 119 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the Corks ‘n’ Forks Committee
Return to Blog