- 29 January 2019
- Simone Keir
On behalf of the board and staff may I wish you all a Happy New Year. I hope that 2019
delivers health, prosperity and a sense of excitement to you all.
While 2018 was a solid year, the year ahead is looking exciting indeed from the club’s
As I write this piece, we are currently closed for our annual maintenance and upgrade
program. By the time we reopen the teams, currently working day and night inside the
club, will have completed the following renovations:
• New computer operating system;
• Re-grouting of the showers;
• Painting different areas;
• Resurfacing of the floors in the kitchen on level 7 and back of house areas on levels 2-7;
• Major spring clean of the entire building, including accommodation rooms;
• Numerous electrical and plumbing improvements throughout the building;
• Improvements to numerous Work, Health and Safety matters in back of house areas.
We appreciate the response we get from our members regarding new events held at the club and we look forward to seeing you at the ‘Valentine’s Day Dinner' in February and the upcoming Penfolds Wine Dinner.
Your feedback on our member events allows our membership and events teams to plan more rewarding and bigger events like these so please don’t hesitate to forward good ideas.
We have some new staff on board such as Dominic Jackson (Maintenance Manager), Ashley Hucker (Membership & Events Executive) and Kathy Symons (Membership & Marketing Manager).
I believe 2019 will be one of our more interesting years and look forward to seeing you around the club soon.
Markus Friedler, Secretary and CEO